SPAM and Unsolicited
Commercial Email (UCE):
PDX Web Hosting takes a zero tolerance approach
to the sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email
(UCE) or SPAM from our servers and over our network. This
means that customers of PDX Web Hosting may not use or
permit others such as employees or contractors to use our
hosting servers and / or network to send bulk email, spam
and UCE. Violations of this policy carry severe penalties, including
termination of service.
Notification of Violation:
Violation of PDX Web Hosting's SPAM policy will
result in severe penalties. Upon notification
of an alleged violation of our SPAM policy, PDX Web Hosting
will initiate an immediate investigation (within
24 hours of notification). During the investigation,
PDX Web Hosting will immediately restrict customer access
to the web hosting account and network to prevent further
violations. If a customer is found to be in violation of
our SPAM policy, PDX Web Hosting may, at its sole
discretion, restrict, suspend or terminate the customer's
account. Furthermore, PDX Web Hosting reserves the
right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated
with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation.
PDX Web Hosting will notify law enforcement officials
if the violation is believed to be a criminal offense.
Customer's Employee & Contractor Access
to Hosting Servers:
PDX Web Hosting is under no obligation to look at each
customer's or user's activities to determine if a violation
of the AUP has occurred, nor do we assume any responsibility
through our AUP to monitor or police the Internet-related
activities of your employees or contractors that are
working on your website or use email through your PDX Web
First violations of this policy will result in
an "Administrative Fee" of $250 and
your account will be immediately suspended and then reviewed
for possible immediate termination. Any User, which PDX
Web Hosting determines to have violated any element of
this Acceptable Use Policy, shall receive an email, warning them of
the violation and a $50.00 reactivation fee will be charged to your credit card on file to reactivate your website and email. The service may be subject at PDX Web Hosting's
discretion to a temporary suspension pending a
User's agreement in writing, to refrain from any
further violations. Users who violate this policy agree that in addition to these "Administrative" penalties, they will pay "Research Fees" not to exceed $295 per hour that PDX Web Hosting personnel must spend to investigate the matter.
A second violation
will result in an "Administrative Fee" of $500 and
immediate termination of your account.
Users that PDX Web Hosting determines to have
committed a second violation of any element of
this Acceptable Use Policy shall be subject to
immediate suspension or termination of service
without further notice. Users who violate this policy agree
that in addition to these "Administrative" penalties, they
will pay "Research Fees" not to exceed
$295 per hour that PDX Web Hosting personnel
must spend to investigate the matter. PLEASE,
DO NOT SPAM from your account.
Adult Content / Pornographic Websites:
PDX Web Hosting does not allow Adult or Pornographic websites
on our hosting servers and / or network. This includes but is not limited to:
escort services, exotic massage, pornographic picture galleries, dating service
websites that include and/or allows nude pictures of it's members. If a customer
requests a hosting account as one type of legitimate business
and then at any later date publishes adult or pornographic content, their account
will be terminated immediately without notice or refund. PDX Web hosting reserves
the right to refuse web hosting services to any entity.
Hosting Servers, System and Network
Customers are prohibited from violating or attempting
to violate the security of the PDX Web Hosting Server
Environment and Network. Violations of the Server system
or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
PDX Web Hosting will investigate occurrences, which
may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate
with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting customers
who are involved in such violations. These violations include,
- Accessing data not intended for such User
or logging into a server or account, which
such User is not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability
of a system or network or to breach security
or authentication measures without proper
- Attempting to interfere with service to any
user, host or network, including, without
limitation, via means of overloading, "flooding",
"mail bombing" or "crashing".
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part
of the header information in any e-mail or
- Taking any action in order to obtain services
to which such User is not entitled.
to your website directory which include but are not limited
to: Bulk Email Programs, Shell Access Scripts, Brute
Force Login Scripts, Packet Sniffers and Email Extractors.
- Addition of IP addresses that have not been
specifically assigned to the server.
- Open relays or hackers have gained access and have loaded malicious programs on your hosting account due to unsecured applications/scripts that you, your employee or contractor have written or you, your employee or contractor have installed any third party applications/scripts with security breaches to your hosting account, or if denial of service attacks are originating from your website hosting account.
Delinquent Payments and Suspension:
- Hosting/email accounts that are not paid within 5 days past their due date will be suspended without notice and a $25.00 reactivation fee will be charged to your credit card on file to reactivate your website and email.
- Once suspended accounts that do not contact us within 15 days of suspension will be deleted from our servers without prior notice.
Hosting Servers, Third Party add-on Applications
- All third party add-on applications/scripts provided under the control panel are without warranty and you use at your own risk.
- Senn Systems LLC., PDX Web Hosting, Oregon Website Design does not Warranty the installation, functioning, security or updating of any third party add-on applications/scripts whether they are made available for installation/update through the control panel or installed manually via FTP, SSH, or auto installer from the third Party provider's website. Applications include but not limited to: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, and Bulletin Boards.
- We reserve the right, to drop any web hosting and / or email accounts involved in Spam or Denial-of-Service complaints if it is clear that the offending activity is causing great harm to parties on the Internet. In particular, if open relays or hackers are on your network due to unsecured/outdated applications/scripts that you, your employee or contractor has written, installed and uploaded to your hosting account, or if denial of service attacks are originating from your website hosting account. In certain rare cases, we may have to shutdown the hosting account before attempting to contact you. If we do this, we will contact you as soon as is feasible. Users who violate this policy agree that in addition to these "Administrative" penalties, they will pay "Research Fees" not to exceed $295 per hour that PDX Web Hosting personnel must spend to go through the server to resolve the matter.
- Furthermore, if open relays or hackers are on your network due to unsecure email, ftp, or ssh passwords that you, your employee or contractor has setup in your hosting account, or if denial of service attacks are originating from your website hosting account. Users who violate this policy agree that in addition to these "Administrative" penalties, they will pay "Research Fees" not to exceed $295 per hour that PDX Web Hosting personnel must spend to go through the server to resolve the matter.
Standard Hosting Support:
Standard Support is included for hosting at no charge when it is related to the hosting account not working correctly or you have questions regarding your account controls, email account setup etc. Standard support does not include help with 3rd party software that may be offered with the hosting account, nor does it cover help with programming languages or programs that you or your programmers or contractors may have written and/or installed in the hosting account or software running on your PC.